Celebrating 3 Years Since Opening the Garden
This June 11th 2022 we marked our third birthday with a celebration event. Works completed in June 2019 which transformed this left-over space into a community pocket parklet. To mark this special occasion, we also closed Marnock Road and had a bigger community market featuring several food stalls and craft stalls. We also welcomed the Cinderella Line team with their stall updating us on all the trainline progress. This day was truly a team effort with so many community members offering their help and support, for which we are forever grateful as it made this a memorable and enjoyable day for the community.
We have a long thank you list:
- Thank you to our event sponsors – Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward and Bryan and Keegan whose support really helped us communicate the event more widely and provided our drumming workshop entertainment by Mohamed Gueye and Penny Elkins.
- To the Pineheads and Sam Wilkinson for providing music entertainment
- To Blythe Hill Tavern and Jay’s Budgens who sponsored our PIMMS stall
- Carol Mullins and Anne Probert of Magic Eyes Facepainting who’s facepainting helped us raise funds
- All our raffle donners: Beldi Maison, Inspired in Brockley, The Blue Room, McBee Bags, Malaysian Deli, Mamma Dough, Crofton Cafe, Brickfields, Brockley’s Rock, Engrained, 1200 WORKS, Jones of Brockley, Me on the Map, Salthouse Bottles and Joyce bar, Jeromes, Wild Rangers, Shannon’s Garden Centre, Sow London, Shaktiism, Photography by Katya.
- Thank you to all who donated cakes for our cake stall, including Freds
- Adam Cole who took video of the day
- All our 13 volunteers who helped in the run up as well as on the day – totalling over 100 hours of volunteer time!
And finally, a huge thank you to all who came. We raised just over £2k to go towards the garden improvements.